Thursday, April 14, 2011

Daily Style: April 14

Dress:  American Eagle (this season, but unavailable online--check your local store)
Jacket:  Levi's (about 9 years old)
Sandals:  American Eagle (from a few years ago)
Bracelet:  Target (new, but unavailable online--check your local store)
Where:  helping out at the local high school (please ignore the lovely yellow nametag necklace)

I'm not real thrilled with how bottom-heavy this picture makes me look.  I blame the jacket though because it's pretty shapeless and boxy.  The dress is the traditional type that ties at the shoulders, so it was inappropriate to wear on its own (previously blogged here).  I LOVE this Levi jacket.  I put it away and rediscover it every few years--it's more military-inspired than the tradidional jackets with 4 snaps at the cuffs and a banded collar.  I remember seeing it in the JC Penney catalog when my son was just a toddler, and I completely coveted it but couldn't afford its $50 price tag.  Somehow, though, I came up with the money.  Lust is a powerful emotion!!  It was also a great purchase too because denim jackets will never really go away.

All in all I felt really pretty today and I would definitely wear this outfit again.

No comments:

Post a Comment